Book Your Next Birthday Party at the AGO!
Celebrate your birthday at the AGO! Invite your friends and family for a unique, artful birthday experience! Discover our cool gallery and art-making activities in an unforgettable, one-of-a-kind party! We'll take you on an interactive tour throughout the gallery and make an amazing art project that you and your friends can take home! End the day by making a wish on your special, AGO-made birthday cake!
- Private party room
- Dedicated party facilitator
- Special guided tour
- Special art-making activity
- Access for parents/guardians for pickup or to share cake celebration, which allows you to stay and visit the gallery until 5:30
- Custom AGO-made cake (chocolate or vanilla) with personal name inscription
- Milk for children
- Plates, utensils, cups and napkins
- Unique, creative party experience for every child!
We offer three unique birthday parties at the AGO! (See details below)
This event was brought to you by the fun people at Rec Room.
Music: Billy Kelly "Thank You for Joining the Happy Club"
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Art Gallery of Ontario, 317 Dundas Street West, corner of Dundas Street West and McCaul (closest subway station St. Patrick)
- Party room and art making activities are located in the Weston Family Learning Centre
- 11:00 to 1:30 or 2:00 to 4:30
- Includes 45 minute tour and 45 minute art activity, followed by max. 1 hour private use of party room for cake and gifts
- During the last hour of your party, the party facilitator will ensure that you are set up with your food and cake, and will check in periodically until your departure. We do not facilitate children's activities during this time.
- Recommended for ages 4 and up. Adult chaperones are required at a ratio of 1:8 for 5 and under, 1:10 for 5 and up
- $500 flat rate (maximum of 15 persons per group- this includes both adults and children)
- $35 per additional group member (child or adult)
- Includes admission to AGO's permanent collection
Cake: (included with $500 party flat rate)
- Choice of custom AGO chocolate or vanilla cake
- Beverages are included- juuice or milk for children with a number of additional water bottles provided
- Cake inscription of "Happy Birthday"with child's name
Additional Food Options:
- Platters are available for a cost of $20 each plus HST ($22.60)
- Each platter serves up to 10 children
- You may mix and match from the following 5 options:
Sandwich Platter includes an assortment of egg, tuna and cheese sandwiches cut in quarters (2 quarters/child)
Focaccia Platter includes 10 pieces of cheese pizza on a focaccia crust(4x4" squares served at room temperature)
Veggie Platter includes carrots, celery and cucumbers with a hummus dip
Fruit Platter includes cubed cantaloupe, honeydew melon and watermelon
Cheese Platter includes cubed mild cheddar served with crackers(2oz of cheese/child)
Note- No other food and drink may be brought in from outside the Gallery. If you order platters, tour and art-making activity times may be adjusted slightly to accommodate lunch.
- The AGO is a PEANUT-FREE facility, but not NUT-FREE. The cake is a PEANUT/NUT-FREE cake.
- You may photograph and videotape ONLY in the party room. Photography is NOT allowed in the galleries but architectural features may be photographed.
- You may decorate your party space! We encourage you to keep decorations simple. We are unable to provide any 'hanging' materials-use of painters tape ONLY for hanging.
- Due to Gallery restrictions, balloons and real candles are NOT allowed in Gallery spaces. We suggest flameless or musical candles!
- We cannot arrange for entry to the gallery for decorating purposes in advance of the party day.
Parking and Drop-Off/Pick-Up
- Street parking is available around the gallery, as well as in the Grange underground parking lot
- Drop off is at 10:45 or 1:45, depending on party start time. Enter through either the main door or the Groups entrance located at the west end of the gallery on Dundas street, Proceed down the stairs in the Weston Family Learning Centre to the open Commons area where the picnic tables are located and your host will greet you. Parents/Guardians picking up children may pick up a special "birthday party pick-up ticket" at the ticket desk in the Weston Family Learning Centre. Pick up is from 12:30-1:30 or 3:30-4:30. Parents of birthday party guests may use this ticket to join the party guests for the cake and gift portion of the party, and are welcome to stay and visit the Gallery until close at 5:30 pm!
To book your amazing art Birthday Party at the AGO, please complete the AGO Birthday Party Information Form
We look forward to celebrating with you!
Choose from one of our five fantastic AGO Birthday Parties!