Book Your Next Birthday Party at the AGO!
Celebrate your birthday at the AGO! Invite your friends and family for a unique, artful birthday experience. Discover our cool gallery and art-making activities in an unforgettable, one-of-a-kind party. We'll take you on an interactive tour throughout the gallery and make an amazing art project that you and your friends can take home. End the day by making a wish on your special, AGO-made birthday cake.
- Private party room
- Dedicated party facilitator
- Special guided tour
- Special art-making activity
- Access for parents/guardians for pickup or to share cake celebration, which allows you to stay and visit the gallery until 5:30 pm
- Custom AGO-made cake (chocolate or vanilla) with personal name inscription
- Beverages for children
- Plates, utensils, cups and napkins
- Unique, creative party experience for every child!
We offer three unique birthday parties at the AGO. (See details below)
This event was brought to you by the fun people at Rec Room.
Music: Billy Kelly "Thank You for Joining the Happy Club"
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Art Gallery of Ontario
- Party room and art making activities are located in the Weston Family Learning Centre
- 11 am to 1:30 pm or 2 to 4:30 pm
- Includes 45 minute tour and 45 minute art activity, followed by max. 1 hour private use of party room for cake and gifts
- During the last hour of your party, the party facilitator will ensure that you are set up with your food and cake, and will check in periodically until your departure. We do not facilitate children's activities during this time.
- Recommended for ages 5 and up. Adult chaperones are required at a ratio of 1:8 for 5 and under, 1:10 for 5 and up
- $500 flat rate (maximum of 15 persons per group- this includes both adults and children)
- $35 per additional group member (child or adult)
- Includes admission to AGO's permanent collection
Cake (included with $500 party flat rate)
- Choice of custom AGO chocolate or vanilla cake
Additional Food Options
Platters serving up to 10 children – mix and match from the following 5 options:
- Sandwich platter: egg, tuna, cheese
- Focaccia platter: cheese pizza
- Vegetable Platter
- Fruit Platter
- Cheese Platter
- Beverages are included
Note: No other food and drink may be brought in from outside the Gallery. If you order platters, tour and art-making activity times may be adjusted slightly to accommodate lunch.
- The AGO is a PEANUT-FREE facility, but not NUT-FREE. The cake is a PEANUT/NUT-FREE cake.
- You may photograph and videotape in many of the Galleries and in the party room. Photography in special exhibitions may be prohibited.
- We suggest that you keep decorations simple. We are unable to provide any 'hanging' materials – use of painters tape ONLY for hanging.
- Due to Gallery restrictions, balloons and real candles are NOT allowed in Gallery spaces. We suggest flameless or musical candles!
- We cannot arrange for entry to the gallery for decorating purposes more than 1/2 hour in advance of the party.
Parking and Drop-Off/Pick-Up
- Street parking is available around the gallery, as well as in the Grange underground parking lot. Please abide by City of Toronto by-laws.
- Drop off is at 10:45 am or 1:45 pm, depending on party start time. Enter through either the main door or the Groups entrance located at the west end of the gallery on Dundas Street, Proceed down the stairs in the Weston Family Learning Centre to the open Commons area where the picnic tables are located and your host will greet you. Parents/Guardians picking up children may pick up a special "birthday party pick-up ticket" at the ticket desk in the Weston Family Learning Centre. Pick up is from 12:30 to 1:30 pm or 3:30 to 4:30 pm. Parents of birthday party guests may use this ticket to join the party guests for the cake and gift portion of the party, and are welcome to stay and visit the Gallery until close at 5:30 pm.
- Payment due in full at time of booking.
- Refunds may be issued in full 1 week prior to the event date
- For cancellations less than 48 hours prior to the event date, $250 of the event cost will be non-refundable but a partial refund may be issued for the remaining balance.
- Withdrawal requests must be done by telephone through the Contact Centre at 416-979-6608.
To view the full Policies and Procedures, click here.
To book your amazing art filled Birthday Party at the AGO complete the AGO Birthday Party Information Form
We look forward to celebrating with you!
Choose from one of our three fantastic AGO Birthday Parties!