Conditions du concours
Aimia/AGO Photography Prize Contest (the “Contest”)
This Contest is only open to all Canadian residents and is governed by Canadian law.
1. SPONSOR(S). The sponsor of this Contest is the Art Gallery of Ontario (“AGO”) (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Sponsors”).
2. CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest will commence on Tuesday, August 27nd, 2013 at 10:00:00 a.m. EST and will run until Tuesday, November 5th, 2013, at 11:59:00 PM EST (the “Contest Period”).
3. ELIGIBILITY. This Contest is open to all and who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence, except employees, representatives and agents of the Sponsors, or their respective affiliates and, if applicable, their respective advertising or promotion agencies, contest judges, contest prize suppliers, and any other companies engaged in the development, production, or distribution of materials for this Contest, and members of the immediate families of, or persons domiciled with, any of the above.
4. HOW TO ENTER AND NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
Aeroplan members can enter the Contest online by visiting one of the following sites:
• The Aimia | AGO Photography Prize voting page at AimiaAGOPhotographyPrize.com/Vote
Aeroplan Members must select one artist, enter their email address and their Aeroplan Number; only Aeroplan Members who enter their Aeroplan Number and confirm their vote will be entered into the Contest.
Aeroplan Members may enter the Contest only one (1) time and with only one (1) Aeroplan Account. Anyone found to be using multiple accounts to enter the Contest or found to be making multiple entries to the Contest will be deemed ineligible and all their entries will be void.
If you are not an Aeroplan Member, you can visit the Aeroplan website (www.aeroplan.com) and enrol today. Aeroplan membership is free.
Although online access and an email account are required in order to participate in the Contest, no purchase is required. Many public libraries, internet cafés, retail businesses and others offer free access to Internet and a number of Internet service providers and other companies offer free email accounts.
In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized account holder of the email address, at the time of entry, to which the email invitation was sent by the Sponsors directly. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access or online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address to which the email invitation was sent.
This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. By entering, you are providing your information to the sponsor and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for purpose of administering this contest. Any questions, comments, or complaints regarding this contest should be to the Sponsors and not to Facebook.
5. PRIZE. There is one (1) grand prize available to be won consisting of 50,000 Aeroplan Miles. Aeroplan reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute the prize for a prize of approximately equal or greater retail value, at any time and for any reason, including, without limitation, by way of cash award.
Aeroplan Miles have no cash value but are redeemable under the Aeroplan Program for flights and other rewards. The retail value of rewards obtained using Aeroplan Miles will vary depending on the Aeroplan reward schedules and other factors, details of which may be found at www.aeroplan.com. Aeroplan Miles may be redeemed only in accordance with the Aeroplan Program terms and conditions, which are subject to change without notice. Taxes, landing and departure fees, and other charges and surcharges may apply to Aeroplan travel rewards, and are the sole responsibility of the winner. Full terms and conditions of the Aeroplan Program are available on-line at aeroplan.com.
6. DRAW. One (1) entry will be selected from among all eligible entries received in a random draw on Wednesday, November 20, 2013, at approximately 1:00:00 p.m. EST at 317 Dundas St. West, Toronto, ON, M5T 3G9. Odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. Prize must be accepted as awarded, cannot be substituted, transferred, exchanged or surrendered for cash.
7. HOW TO WIN AND CLAIM A PRIZE. Each selected entrant will be notified by phone or email and instructed on how to claim his/her prize. To be declared a winner, the selected entrant must correctly answer a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, to be administered by phone at a mutually convenient time, must sign a Declaration of Compliance and Release form (see Rule No. 8 below), must be enrolled in the Aeroplan Program and hold a valid Aeroplan Card and otherwise comply with these official contest rules. Awarding of the prize is subject to verification and compliance with these official contest rules. Entrants who have not complied with these official contest rules will be disqualified. If the selected entrant cannot be located or does not respond or comply with all of these official contest rules within four (4) days of notification, the entrant will be disqualified and forfeits the prize and Aeroplan may, at its sole and absolute discretion, select by random draw another eligible entrant whom Aeroplan or its representatives will attempt to contact, and who will be subject to disqualification, in the same manner. If the alternate selected entrant cannot be located or does not respond or comply with all of these official contest rules within fourteen (14) days of notification, the alternate entrant will, at Aeroplan’s sole and absolute discretion, be disqualified and no prize will be awarded to any participant. Allow four (4) to six (6) weeks from the date of the draw for verification of contest winner and prize fulfilment. The winner will be contacted following verification with details on how to redeem the prize. Aeroplan will not be responsible for failed attempts to notify selected entrants.
8. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. By participating in this Contest, each entrant accepts and agrees to these official contest rules and all decisions of the Contest judges (who may be employees, agents or independent contractors of Aeroplan), which shall be final and legally binding on entrants in all matters relating to this Contest. All entries become the property of Aeroplan and will not be returned. In order to be confirmed a winner and receive a prize, each selected entrant will be required to sign Aeroplan’s Declaration of Compliance and Release form which confirms compliance with these official contest rules and releases Aeroplan and its affiliated companies, agencies, contest prize suppliers, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Contest Group”) from all liability with respect to the entrant’s participation in this Contest and the awarding and use of the prize. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name, comments, photograph, and other likeness for publicity purposes, and grants to Aeroplan any and all rights to said use without further compensation. Aeroplan and the Contest Group are not responsible for printing, distribution, or production errors. Aeroplan and the Contest Group may, at their sole discretion and without liability, rescind or amend this Contest at any time. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. By entering this Contest, each entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Contest Group: (i) shall have no liability of any kind whatsoever with respect to this Contest and/or the awarding or use of the prize, (ii) makes no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning the prize, (iii) disclaims any implied warranty, and (iv) is not liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from the entrant’s acceptance or use of the prize or otherwise from such entrant’s participation in this Contest. The Contest Group is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including, but not limited to, errors in advertising, the official contest rules, the selection and announcement of winners, or the distribution of the prizes. The Contest Group is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems or servers, computer software problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website and assumes no liability for damage to entrant’s or any person’s computer resulting from participating in the Contest.
10. PERSONAL INFORMATION. The personal information gathered about entrants in the course of this Contest will be used solely by the Sponsors for the administration of the Contest and in connection with publicity relating to the Contest. By participating in this Contest, entrants accept that Aeroplan has the right to display the winner’s name on Aeroplan’s Facebook Page at facebook.com/aeroplan and also on the AGO’s Facebook page, Twitter feed, and the Aimia | AGO Photography Prize Facebook pages, Twitter feed, website, and blog.
11. FOR RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this Contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
12. GOVERNING LAW. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official contest rules, or the rights and obligations of an entrant and Aeroplan in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Quebec and the laws of Canada applicable therein.
13. LANGUAGE. In the event of any discrepancies between the English language rules and the French language rules for this Contest, the English rules shall prevail.
® Aeroplan is a Registered Trademark of Aimia Canada Inc.
TRADEMARK NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER: Facebook is not a Sponsor of this Contest. Facebook’s name and/or materials are used for purposes of promotion and such use is not intended to suggest or imply Facebook’s sponsorship, endorsement, or approval of this Contest.