Customized Teacher Tours and Workshops
Are you an educator looking for professional learning tailored to meet your specific needs? The AGO offers customized tours and workshops for elementary and secondary school teachers, early childhood educators, school administrators, additional qualification classes, teachers-in-training, grade or subject specialists, professional learning communities, and more!
Spend a half-day or full-day at the AGO exploring our world-class collection of original works of art and making art in our spacious open studio environment. Tell us what your learning needs are and we’ll create an experience just for you! Here are some examples of the customized experiences we can offer:
- Guided tours of the AGO collection and special exhibitions led by professional education staff
- Learning inquiry-based teaching strategies including the Critical Analysis Process
- Understanding and applying the Creative Process in your classroom
- Integrating Visual Arts with Drama, Dance, and Music for interdisciplinary learning
- Supporting language literacy through visual literacy and creative writing
- Using art to develop oral and written language skills for additional language learners in English or French
- Cross-curricular connections including Social Studies, Language, Canadian and World Studies, English, Native Studies, Social Sciences, and Humanities
- Explore ideas and concepts such as art as abstraction, appropriation, popular culture, and social justice
- Hands-on artmaking workshops including drawing, painting, printmaking, sculpture, assemblage, collage, and photography
- Focusing on specific curriculum, themes or topics of interest, art materials and processes, subject matter, and collection areas that are of interest to you!
Led by experienced professional educators, your customized program includes gallery admission and print resources. We look forward to meeting your professional learning needs at the AGO!
|Group Size||AGO Collection||Ticketed Special Exhibitions**|
|1-14 teachers||$200 per group||$225 per group|
|15-20 teachers||$260 per group||$300 per group|
|21-25 teachers||$300 per group||$350 per group|
*For groups with 26 teachers or more, and for groups who want to explore on their own self-guided, please contact Teacher_Programs@ago.net for more information.
**Prices for ticketed special exhibitions are subject to change depending on the exhibition.
To request a customized teacher program:
Fill out our online request form
Please submit this request form AT LEAST THREE (3) WEEKS PRIOR to your requested event date. This form is a REQUEST ONLY – an AGO staff member will contact you within 3 business days to confirm your registration once we have processed your form.
For more information, please contact AGO Teacher Programs at Teacher_Programs@ago.net.