Integrated Studio Projects
Fall 2013-Spring 2014
Saturdays, 1 – 4 pm
September 28, 2013 to June 14, 2014
This course is offered for youth ages 13-18. The course is comprised of three modules.
Module One: September 28 to December 7, 2013 (NO class Oct 12)
Module Two: January 11 to March 15, 2014
Module Three: March 29 to June 14, 2014 (NO class April 19 and May 17)
Fee per module: Members $450/ General Public $500
($50 material fee is included in this price)
I.S.P. (as we like call it) is all about connecting youth to contemporary art and art making.
Under the guidance and support of professional contemporary artists, students create their own art and begin to find their artistic voice. Spending Saturday afternoons with others of like mind and the same interests, students explore new techniques and processes and build their portfolios. Seeing the work of artists first hand in exhibitions such as Ai Weiwei: According to What, David Bowie Is and Marterpieces from the Guggenheim - is a part of our classes. And if you don’t know who some of these artists are, we can’t wait to show you!
For almost 50 years, this class has offered youth with a passionate interest in art and art making the opportunity to explore individual artistic pursuits and ideas while developing technical skills. The course focuses on individual and group exploration of the creative process, skill building and portfolio development, and is designed for young artists with a passion to create and/or a desire to pursue further studies in the visual arts. Students work with a team of artist-educators in a dynamic open-studio format, experimenting with a range of materials, contemporary processes and ideas.
This course is an ideal opportunity for middle school students who wish to explore art more seriously as they move into senior school, and for senior school students wishing to pursue art studies in college or university. It will also benefit students wishing to develop compelling portfolios needed for further art studies.
IN SHORT - INTEGRATED STUDIO PROJECTS offers you:
- Intensive 30 week program (but you can sign up for 10 week periods at a time if you wish)
- Explore creativity and skills development
- Contemporary art making focus
- Portfolio Prep
- Work with highly qualified instructors who are contemporary ARTISTS
- Fun, collaborative team setting while working on individual projects
- Experiment with a huge variety of materials and techniques
- Create and mount an exhibition
- Make friends with others who love art!
- Our students successfully apply to visual art, design, and architecture programs in colleges and universities