Discovery of the Tomb
In these two lessons, students will
- Learn about Howard Carter's discovery of King Tutankhamun's tomb in 1922;
- Analyze the events of Carter's dicovery;
- Examine who King Tutankhamun was and what his life was like in ancient Egypt;
- Compare how contemporary and historic finds are/were recorded;
- Consider ethical dimensions of archeological practice.
Uncover the details about the discovery of King Tut's tomb and understand the significance of this historical event.
Analyze artifacts to discover details about the boy king and understand ancient Egyptian cultural beliefs around death and the afterlife.