Bring Ancient Egypt Alive in your Classroom!
This resource is organized around 4 themes to help you discover the wonders of ancient Egypt with your students:
Each lesson contains a description of the activity and links to related resources including information, images, and interactive elements. There are two ways to use this resource:
1. In conjunction with a visit to the special exhibition King Tut: The Golden King and the Great Pharaohs at the Art Gallery of Ontario.
2. As stand-alone lessons for your classroom if you are unable to visit the exhibition.
All lessons are linked to the Ontario curriculum and suitable for Grades 4, 5 and 6:
- Visual Arts, Grades 4 to 6: Overall and Specific Expectations - 2D, 3D
- Language, Grades 4 to 6: Overall Expectations - Oral Communication 1, 2; Reading 1; Writing 1; Media Literacy 1, 2
- Social Studies, Grade 5, Heritage and Citizenship - Early Civilizations: Overall and Specific Expectations