Rare Books and Artists' Books
The AGO's Rare Books Collection includes a number of significant concentrations:
- Art historical source books from the 17th century to the present
- British Neoclassical folios of the 18th century
- Catalogues raisonnes
- British and Canadian illustrated books and magazines
- Travel guides, particularly Baedekers, Murrays, and Blue Guides
- French art sales catalogues from the late 18th century to the mid 20th century
- Artists' books and multiples
Please use the online catalogue to search for titles in advance of your visit. We would be happy to retrieve your books in advance.
Our collections do not circulate, which means that they are always on the shelf when needed.