Rheostatics with Kevin Hearn: Music Inspired by the Group of Seven
September 4, 5 and 6, 2015 (Labour Day Weekend)
9 pm | doors at 7:30 pm
Walker Court, Art Gallery of Ontario
$65 | $25 partial view
The iconic Canadian band Rheostatics is reuniting for the first time in eight years and returning to Walker Court for three intimate performances. This fall marks the 20th anniversary of the album Music Inspired by the Group of Seven, and the band — featuring Dave Bidini, Don Kerr, Martin Tielli and Tim Vesely with special guests Kevin Hearn and violinist Hugh Marsh — will perform the album in its entirety for the first time since 1996. Adding a groundbreaking visual element to the performance, Genie Award–winning filmmakers Jennifer Baichwal and Nicholas de Pencier have created an immersive video backdrop featuring archival photos, film clips and original footage of the Group of Seven. Originally commissioned in 1995 by the National Gallery of Canada to coincide with its exhibition The Group of Seven: Art for a Nation, Rheostatics went on to perform the album in museums across Canada, including a stop at the AGO in 1996.
Advance tickets for the performances, which include admission to Picturing the Americas and the AGO's collections of Canadian art, go on sale Tuesday, April 21, at 9 am. AGO members will have advance access to a select number of tickets on Monday, April 20, at 9 am. Tickets will be available for purchase online only, exclusively through Ticketfly. Due to limited capacity, there will be a two-ticket limit per transaction.
INFO FOR MEMBERS
Because we will use an external vendor to manage the ticket sales for these exclusive events, the ticket-booking process for AGO members will not be the same as on the AGO website.
How to purchase tickets through Ticketfly:
- Tickets available online only at www.ticketfly.com starting on April 20, 2015, for AGO members.
- You must sign into your Ticketfly account with your username and password (if you already have an existing account) OR register as a new user by entering an email address and password. You will also need to fill in complete address details.
- To view tickets that are available to you, you must enter your unique pre-sale promo code in the Promo Code field.
- Your unique promo code is your last name (as listed on your membership card) and your seven-digit membership number (no caps, no spaces – example: smith1234567).
- This promo code is ONLY required for purchasing tickets during the members pre-sale on Monday, April 20.
- You must be an active member at the time of purchasing tickets.
- Your unique promo code is valid for one time use for a maximum of two tickets per transaction.